Bronze Trust Mark – Basic level: “Awards Trust Mark member”
For an award to have achieved the Bronze Trust Mark the following criteria have been met:
- Awards should be open to all within a specified category (this can be restricted to members of an association etc. but restrictions must be disclosed)
- Judging must be fair and the process for judging must be clearly stated.
- All judges to be independent and not employed by companies that have a commercial interest in table sales, advertising etc.
- No compulsion that winners must attend the presentation event.
- The whole programme should be well organised, with full availability of dates, rules and other important information.
- Not charging for use of logo or promotion of a win.
- Providing quotes for press releases for all who ask.
- Winners being publicly declared (website etc.) within 7 days of decision.
- Fee transparency – all fees and costs declared on the website.
- Clear website – e.g. having the deadline date clearly visible on the homepage (a date not a countdown timer).
- Allowing entry forms to be viewable prior to having to pay an entry fee to gain access.
This level of award is self-accredited. If you wish to apply for the Bronze Trust Mark accreditation you can download the application form below.